We’re pretty sure that if you have tried teriyaki before, you most likely loved it, right? So what do you say about a one-pot version of chicken teriyaki and rice?
You got that right! The sticky and sweet flavourful sauce will not only be coating the chicken but the rice too.
You will not find a better recipe than this easy one-pot chicken teriyaki and rice one.
It’s easy to prepare and cook and packs lots of flavour and deliciousness, so let’s get started!
One-Pot Chicken Teriyaki & Rice
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice washed in cold water
- 2 medium chicken breasts sliced into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup soft brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup tomato ketchup
- 3 cups chicken stock/broth the amount of liquid you need will depend on how much rice you are using and the kind of rice
- 2 tbsp groundnut or sunflower oil
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- In a wok over high heat, sear and brown the chicken pieces until well browned.
- Once the chicken has browned up, add the onion slices.
- Sauté until the onion slices are translucent.
- In a bowl, mix the brown sugar, water, soy sauce and tomato ketchup.
- Add the mixture into the pan. Reduce heat to medium-high and add the rice and let it cook until the sauce thickens up slightly (just 1-2 minutes)
- Add the chicken stock, allow to boil, then cover and reduce the heat to low so it can simmer until the rice cooks and absorbs all the liquid.
- You’ll have some incredibly saucy and delicious chicken teriyaki rice!