This yummy Greek style pork recipe is just 208 calories per serving and is really easy to prepare and cook.
I will guarantee you will enjoy it so much, it will become one of your regular recipes to cook.
It is bursting with sunshine flavours and makes its own delicious pan sauce you won’t want to miss.
The actual cook time for the pork chops will vary based on several factors, including the thickness of the chops and the internal starting temperature. (The chops pictured here are between 5 to 6-oz. 125g to 150g each).
Greek Style Pork Chops Covered In Sunshine Flavours
- Large non-stick frying pan (skillet) with lid
- Chef's Knife
- An instant-read thermometer
- Large mixing bowl
- 4 6 ounces boneless pork chops
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil divided
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives pitted and halved
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 3 oz Feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- Remove the pork chops from the refrigerator and pat dry with a paper towel. Lightly season both sides of each chop with the garlic powder along with salt and black pepper to taste and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together two tablespoons of olive oil with the fresh lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and thyme. Add the Kalamata olives, tomatoes, and Feta cheese and toss to combine then set aside.
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil to a large non-stick frying pan (skillet) set over medium heat. Add the red onion and sauté, stirring occasionally, until the onion softens and starts to develop some colour, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the remaining olive oil and the seasoned pork chops to the frying pan (skillet). Cook until the chops are golden brown on each side, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Pour the seasoned tomato and Feta mixture into the frying pan (skillet) and nestle it in amongst the chops. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 2 minutes, or until the tomatoes and olives are warmed through and the Feta starts to melt.
- Remove the frying pan (skillet) from the heat and rest for 5 minutes. Remove cover and serve immediately garnished with fresh parsley, if desired, and your choice of sides. Enjoy!