This deliciously easy rustic pork chops recipe is packed with loads of flavour, and they are so quick and easy to prepare.
This recipe is sure to become a new go-to family favourite!
For best results, allow your pork chops and dairy ingredients to set at room temperature for 30 minutes or so before you begin cooking. Cooking meat right out of the refrigerator will take longer and your results will not be as consistent. Adding chilled dairy products to hot sauces can cause them to curdle.
Pork Chops with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Large Frying Pan (Skillet)
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 600 grams bone-in pork chops 4 chops, approximately 12mm/1/2” thick, room temperature
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 200 grams white mushrooms washed and sliced
- 2 tbsp brown/yellow onion finely chopped/minced
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 3/4 cup chicken stock/broth preferably organic
- 1/4 cup single cream/half and half room temperature
- 1/4 cup full-fat Greek yogurt, non-flavoured and room temperature
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley stems removed and leaves finely chopped, divided
- 1 tsp ground arrowroot to thicken the sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-duty frying pan/skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the pork chops on each side with salt and pepper to taste and add to the hot pan. Brown the pork chops on each side, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove the pork chops from the pan and set them aside. Reduce the heat to medium and add sliced mushrooms to the pan. Cook until mushrooms release their juices, about 6 minutes while stirring occasionally. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes more, stirring once or twice.
- Deglaze the pan by adding the chicken stock/broth and scraping up the brown bits on the bottom. Add the pork chops back to the skillet and reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for approximately 8-10 minutes or until chops are cooked through.
- Transfer the pork chops to a serving plate and cover to keep warm. While the chops rest, stir in the single cream/half and half, Greek yogurt, and 2 tablespoons fresh parsley until blended into the pan sauce. Continue cooking until heated through, about 1-2 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste, and remove from heat.
- To serve, spoon mushroom sauce over the pork chops and sprinkle with additional parsley. Serve immediately.