About Our Deliciously Quick Chicken Breast Paillard Salad Recipe
When you are looking for a yummy chicken breast salad recipe that is quick and easy to do, give this one a try
This tasty chicken salad recipe takes only 25 minutes to prepare and cook. It mainly uses storecupboard ingredients so no special purchases.
It is healthy, high in proteins, low in saturated fat and only 522 calories per serving and is gluten-free.
The nutritional guide which is approximate is fully detailed at the bottom of the recipe
“Paillard” is a French culinary term that refers to a piece of boneless meat pounded thin before cooking. This method tenderizes the meat and allows it to cook quickly.
This dish is often prepared by dredging the meat in flour prior to sautéing. This gluten-free version skips that step, however.
This 25 Minute Chicken Breast Salad Recipe is Perfect for a Summer’s day!
This gluten-free kitchen-tested chicken salad recipe is a fresh-tasting, easy-to-make summer salad that is perfect for a delicious meal with your family or friends.
The recipe’s instructions take you through step-by-step showing you how to easily prepare and cook this yummy chicken breast salad recipe so you cannot make a mistake and you will always create a professional and delicious meal.
About This Chicken Breast Salad Recipe’s Ingredients
As previously mentioned all of the ingredients are store cupboard ones apart from the chicken breasts, the rocket/arugula salad leaves, the tomatoes and the lemons. However, you may not have the white balsamic vinegar in your store cupboard.
We are using white balsamic vinegar rather than the normal black one because we want the dressing to remain light in colour.
White balsamic dressing is delicious and you can use it in a range of salad dressings and marinades. However, you can replace it with white wine or cider vinegar.
In the recipe photos, we have used multi-coloured mini-heirloom tomatoes because they add extra colour. If these are unavailable you can use any type of cherry or grape tomato.
We have recommended using organic chicken for the salad recipe. The flavour and tenderness are considerably better than farm welfare chickens. If you cannot afford organic buy free-range chicken instead.
We have also recommended organic lemons because you will be using the zest and this is where the horrible pesticides are in non-organic lemons and they are only cost a little more.
Chicken Breast Salad Recipe Time-Saving Tip
Prepare a double or triple batch of the lemon vinaigrette and store the leftover portion in the refrigerator to use throughout the week on salads or as a marinade for other dishes.
Deliciously Quick Chicken Breast Paillard Salad Recipe
- Glass jar with a well-fitting lid
- Plastic wrap or baking paper
- Meat Mallet or Rolling Pin
- Large Frying Pan (Skillet)
- Large serving platter
Lemon Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning see notes
- 1/2 tsp garlic granules or garlic powder
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey preferably local
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
The Chicken Breast Salad Ingredients:
- 4 medium chicken breasts boneless, skinless, about 800g/11/4lbs and preferably organic1
- 1 tsp garlic powder/granules
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 large organic lemon sliced and cut in half, divided
- 6 cups fresh rocket/arugula leaves about 60 grams
- 300 grams cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese shaved
- Prepare the vinaigrette by combining all the ingredients in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. Cover and shake vigorously until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Place the chicken on a large sheet of plastic wrap or baking paper and spread out on a clean work surface. Cut the breasts in half horizontally (with the blade parallel to your worktop/counter) and arrange both halves on the plastic wrap or wax paper in a single layer.
- Cover with a second sheet of plastic wrap or wax paper and pound to 6mm/¼” thickness with a meat mallet or rolling pin. Remove the top cover and season on both sides with garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the olive oil to a large frying pan/skillet set over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken and most of the lemon slices, reserving 3 or 4 slices for garnish.
- Cook until the chicken is golden brown on the bottom and releases easily from the skillet, approximately 3-4 minutes. Turn and cook on the remaining side another 2-3 minutes, or just until the chicken is cooked through.Note: Squeeze the lemon slices with tongs while the chicken cooks to release the juice.
- Remove from heat and discard the lemon rinds. Transfer the chicken to a large platter and place the reserved lemons in the frying pan/skillet for approximately 30 seconds per side to warm up. Place the warm lemons on the platter with the chicken and set aside.
- Add the rocket/arugula, tomatoes, fresh parsley, and Parmesan cheese to a large bowl and drizzle 2-3 tablespoons of the vinaigrette on top. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
- To serve, divide the salad between 4 serving bowls and top each with some of the chicken and warm lemon slices. Offer remaining dressing on the side while serving. Enjoy!
2 tablespoons dried basil.
2 tablespoons dried oregano.
2 tablespoons dried rosemary.
2 tablespoons dried marjoram.
2 tablespoons dried coriander/cilantro.
2 tablespoons dried thyme.
2 tablespoons dried savoury or parsley
2 tablespoons red pepper flakes.
Some of Our Deliciously Easy Salads You May Want To Try
They are all delicious’ healthy and easy to make. They are also gluten and refined sugar-free