This lovely and easy winter salad recipe features gorgeous colours and incredible flavours.
Bright red pomegranate arils and vibrant sections of orange whet the appetite with strong visual appeal, while creamy goat cheese and avocado balance the satisfying crunch of the red onion and pecans.
A little drizzle of the delicious homemade citrus vinaigrette pulls it all together for a truly satisfying meal.
If you don’t have a food blender, We highly recommend the Ninja 2-in-1 Blender with Auto-iQ . It is highly powerful and recommended by other leading food magazines.
We hope you enjoy it and please let us know how you get on by leaving a comment or using our recipe star rating system below. Thank you.
A Deliciously Easy Winter Salad
- Food Blender or Processor
Orange Champagne Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic smashed and peeled
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp orange zest preferably organic
- 1 large orange preferably organic and freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 large pomegranate
- 1 large avocado chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 6 cups mixed salad leaves a large bag
- 1/2 medium red onion sliced thinly
- 1 large orange sliced, peeled, and separated into bite-sized sections
- 50 g goats cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- To prepare the dressing, add the vinegar, garlic, honey, Dijon mustard, orange zest, and orange juice to a blender or food processor. Blend on high until completely smooth, about 1 minute.
- If using a blender or processor with a vented top, slowly drizzle in the olive oil while blending, or add it all at once if this isn’t possible. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and blend until thoroughly emulsified. Taste and add additional salt, if desired. Transfer to a serving container and set aside.
- Remove the arils from the pomegranate by slicing off the top and scoring down the sides in between the aril sections with a sharp knife. Carefully pull apart along the score lines and separate the arils from the pith. Place the arils in a small bowl and set aside.
- Coat the avocado with the lemon juice to prevent browning and set aside.
- Arrange the mixed greens on a large serving platter and top with the red onion, orange sections, avocado, and pomegranate arils. Top with the crumbled goat cheese and pecan halves. Drizzle with some of the orange champagne vinaigrette and serve immediately with the remaining dressing on the side. Enjoy!