For a spicy, nourishing and relaxed lunch or supper, our delicious 30-minute gluten-free beef taco salad recipe will deliver just what you want and under 600 calories.
Delicious minced beef perfectly seasoned with our Mexican taco seasoning mix and combined with creamy avocado, crispy iceberg lettuce, sunny sweetcorn and sweet tomatoes. You will simply love it.
Don’t be put off with the long list of ingredients, most are store cupboard items.
30-Minute Tasty Beef Taco Salad
- Rimmed Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper or a Baking Mat
- Large Frying Pan (Skillet)
- Garlic Grater or Press
- Large Salad/Mixing Bowl
- A Decorative Serving Platter
- 4 cloves garlic grated/minced
- 500 g lean minced/ground beef 5% fat if possible
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 11/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 4 large gluten-free corn tortillas cut into thin strips
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin, divided
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 270 g iceberg lettuce ½ medium one, finely chopped
- 170 g ripe avocado 1 large one, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 100 g red onion 1/2 a small one, finely diced
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn warmed
- 2 tbsp lime juice preferably fresh
- 3/4 cup Buffalo mozzarella/Mexican blend cheese finely shredded
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F/200°C/Gas Mark 6 and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat and set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan/skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and ground beef and season with ground cumin, smoked paprika, chilli powder, one teaspoon chipotle powder, and onion powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the meat is browned, about 8-10 minutes. Break up the beef with a spatula into small chunks while it cooks.
- While the beef is browning, arrange the tortilla strips on the prepared baking sheet and brush lightly with one tablespoon olive oil. Place in the oven until slightly crispy, about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir the black beans into the frying pan/skillet with the beef until thoroughly coated with the seasonings. Remove from heat and carefully drain the excess fat from the frying pan/skillet and set aside.
- Combine the lettuce, avocado, tomatoes, red onion, and sweetcorn in a large salad bowl. Sprinkle with the remaining olive oil, chipotle powder, and fresh lime juice. Generously season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
- To serve, transfer the salad to a decorative serving platter and top with the seasoned beef and black beans, Buffalo mozzarella /Mexican cheese, and crispy tortilla strips, Enjoy!