Our 30-minute chicken, bacon and avocado recipe is served with a delicious homemade vinaigrette using white balsamic vinegar.
This recipe is full of fresh flavours, gluten-free and extremely easy to put together for a tasty and healthy lunch or supper.
The nutritional information has been calculated on four servings.
We are sure you will love this salad recipe and we welcome your feedback.
30-Minute Chicken, Bacon, and Avocado Salad with a Homemade Vinaigrette
- Chef's Knife
- Large Frying Pan (Skillet)
- Slotted Spatula
- Large Salad/Mixing Bowl
- Hand whisk
- 400 g bacon 8 thick-cut slices, diced
- 750 g chicken breasts boneless, and skinless. cut into strips
- 4 cups mixed salad greens your favourite ones
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes diced
- 340 g avocados 2 large ones, pitted and sliced
- 2 tbsp lime juice preferably fresh
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
To make the vinaigrette
- Combine the honey, both mustards, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and the shallots in a small, non-reactive bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and whisk to combine. Taste and adjust the seasonings, as desired. Cover and set aside until ready to use.
To make the salad
- Cook the bacon, stirring occasionally, in a large frying pan/skillet over medium heat until just crispy, about 6 minutes. Remove the bacon from skillet with a slotted spatula and transfer to a bed of paper towels to drain. Blot off excess grease and set aside.
- Drain all but approximately one tablespoon bacon grease from the frying pan/skillet and return to medium heat. (Carefully wipe any grease off the side of the pan with a heavy, damp cloth before returning to heat to prevent flare-ups).
- Add the chicken to the frying pan/skillet and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the salad greens and tomatoes to a large salad bowl and top with the cooked bacon and chicken.
- Toss the avocado slices with fresh lime juice to prevent browning and add to the salad bowl. Drizzle with half the salad dressing and gently toss to combine. Serve immediately on chilled individual salad plates with remaining dressing on the side. Enjoy!